Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cure Cancer

You heard me.  What the problem?  You just graduated from law school and not medical school?  Yeah, I know.  Me too.  People that study for medical boards don't have time to read silly blogs.  If they screw up you could die.  We screw up and you get to appeal.  How cool is that?  You get even more judges!  Which just means another lawyer gets paid (Rule 1.6(b)(5)).  Spread the wealth a little anyway.

But even though you're going to be an attorney when you grow up, it doesn't mean you can't make your mother happy and do a little to cure cancer also.  I'm sure you remember how hard it was for her to cook, clean, pick up after you, and constantly remind you how hard it is to do all of these things.  So the least you can do is now let her brag that her little Moyshe (or whatever your name is) helped cure cancer.  What?  Your name isn't Moyshe?  Okay Yoelish.  Not that either?  Whatever.  You know your name.  Why do I have to?

Today, tomorrow, and Thursday, in Boston, at Government Center (which you might be able to get to by bus) is the Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl.  This is a great event where you get to give some money to cure cancer and in exchange you get ice cream.  Don't eat it too fast.  Remember mom.  And if you do and get a headache, don't sue me.  Proximate cause my donkey.  The event runs from noon to eight each day and costs only eight dollars to get in.  Please, you don't need to review constitutional law - you already took that class in school.  Thank goodness this isn't evidence, right?  What?  You took evidence too?  Shoot.  Um, well, okay, one day let me know what it's like to be a lawyer.  I'll be here for the rest of my "career."

Details:
City Hall Plaza (Government Center on the T)
Today (Tuesday 6/8), tomorrow (6/9), and Thursday (6/10)
12:00 - 8:00p
Ice cream
$8 - purchase tickets here

Make your mother proud.  Who wants to go with me after class?  I have to renew my parking sticker at city hall anyway.  Really.  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment