Thursday, June 24, 2010

Watch Music Videos Without Sound

I've recently learned about a new kind of music video that can be watched without sound.  This isn't what I was thinking about, although it is a music video that's worth watching with or without sound:


Also (and I realize I'm probably a year late to the game on this one) I just learned about literal versions of music videos. These are to the tune of music we all know, that describe the video, literally as it's going on.  The ones that I've seen have subtitles - which make them perfect for class if you ______________ and ____________. 

For those of you who were uncomfortable because you had no blanks to fill in for a while, the first is "forgot your headphones."  That's "forgot your headphones."  They have subtitles which make them perfect for class if you --- "for got your headphones" and if you "respect your classmates."  That's "respect, your, classmates."  Circle the "and" for me.  These are ideal if you both "forgot your headphones" and "respect your classmates."  If you fail either of those tests (and that's why you circled the and for me) you can watch these with the sound on your laptop on.  Understood?  Good.  Let's go onto the next fill in the blanks paragraph.  UGH.

Anyway, here are some of the literal videos versions.  Sing along in your head as you watch.  The words should be on the screen.

Meatloaf (my first concert - in seventh grade in 1994)

Bonnie Tyler

RHCP

James Blunt

Avril

Find more on YouTube. Share the ones you like in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment