Monday, June 14, 2010

Deafen Your Classmates

Who's watching soccer?  I know I am.  I love investing hours into a game that can end in a tie - and that we're happy ended in a tie!  Woo hoo!  The best thing about soccer is that you can go to the bathroom in the middle and you're almost certain not to miss anything.  And I honest, actually, cannot believe it, do enjoy the soccer.  At least during the world cup.  And when the USA hasn't been eliminated yet.

USA!  USA!  We're gonna tie!  ALL THE WAY!

But I have this problem.  Well, actually, I have two problems.  The first is that instead of watching the USA v. Former Colonist game on the telly, I was studying for the bar exam.  And ESPN wouldn't show the American game online.  So I had to watch some feed from Italy, or Japan, or Jitaly, and thus watched with the sound off.  So that wasn't as much fun, but at least I got caught up on Constitutional Law and got the Paced Program less angry with me.

The real kicker (get it? GET IT?) is the second problem.  And that came when I watched some other game: Country I Don't Care About 1 v. Country I Don't Care About 2.  My television kept playing this annoying hum behind the announcers' play-by-play.  What is it?  Turns out the "fans" are ruining the true way to enjoy the sport (on television from my couch) by playing these annoying loud horns called vuvuzela.  And I always thought that was a part of the female anatomy.  Milhouse tells me that he had to mute the games sometimes because he thought his brain was going to come out of his eye sockets

Evidently, these things can get quiet loud, and the World Cup organizers are thinking of banning them.  This will be quiet disappointing for makers of earplugs.  But everyone just needs to remember the cause of all of this.  And let's root for more USA ties.  It seems to make everyone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment