Friday, June 4, 2010

Imagine the Gunners' Questions

Probably the best thing about bar review via video is that the gunners cannot ask questions during the lectures.  But sometimes I like to let my mind drift and imagine the good-old-days, when I too was a class hole (yet never - NEVER a Mass Hole).


  • So, for trespasser liability - if I went to visit my old rich aunt, I would be a licensee.  But, what if I slip and fall on something she could have discovered but didn't, and I want to sue her (or her estate) as an invitee - and let's say I was going to convince her to invest in my fledgling website (no link needed), but, the shock of my injury on her stairs caused her a heart attack and we never had the discussion.  Am I an invitee or a licensee?  
  • What about divorce?  Let's say I marry a french landmark, but I am a resident of New York.  Do New York courts have jurisdiction over the marriage?  Do they have in rem jurisdiction over the Eiffel Tower? 
  • Is there any relationship between in rem jurisdiction and REM sleep?
  • I know that a non-employer sued in a case covered also by workers' comp cannot recover contribution from the employer unless there's a grave injury, including the entire loss of the pointer finger, but not other digits, but if I lose another piece of my body that can point, and my spouse sues the third party for loss of consortium, can they can then recover contribution from the employer?
  • I know we're on page 46, but I have a question about something on page 50, can I ask it now?
Got more?  That's what the comments are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment