Thursday, July 15, 2010

Guest Submission: Do One Good Deed

This is a guest submission from "Biker Jen, Esq." an avid reader of the blog:

Good news, everyone! Now you can help raise some money to fight cancer – but for free! Law students (and lawyers) love free things. I’m Jen Taylor, the Associate Director of the First Year Writing and Advocacy Programs at BU Law (aka – the Moot Court Person). I’m riding in the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge for the fifth time this August. The ride is a two-day, 192-mile ride from Sturbridge to Provincetown; riders raise money for the Jimmy Fund and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute (a lot of money – this year’s goal is $31 million).

I have to raise $4200. My team (which isn’t so much a team as it is a trifecta) has to raise $12,600. Luckily, you can support my PMC ride without actually having to part with any money (save it for your post-bar bar-binge). Boloco is offering five riders a virtual sponsorship – the five nominees on Boloco’s Facebook page who can garner the largest number of “likes” by July 22nd will move on to the mysterious “Phase 2.” I don’t know what Phase 2 is, but I want in.

This takes two clicks: Go to http://www.facebook.com/Boloco?v=wall&story_fbid=447173082386. Click to Like Boloco, then click to Like the post. It’s not the most time-consuming thing to do during BarBri, but it’s all I’ve got. I really, really want to win. I want to obliterate the other nominees.

But Jen, what if I am lucky enough to have a job lined up, and I want something ELSE to do during BarBri? Well, good news! You can also donate some cash here: http://www.pmc.org/profile/TS0187.

But Jen, what if I am just deeply, profoundly bored and I’ve read everything on the Internet already? I can help! We have a blog. It’s pretty dull, but what else are you going to do? http://mattandjenpmc.wordpress.com/

Best of luck, bar-studiers. You’re in the home stretch, and it’s awful. But then it’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment