Friday, July 9, 2010

Destroy A City That Already Has Racism

From Black's Law Dictionary:
involuntary, adj. Not resulting from a free and unrestrained choice; not subject to control by the will.



As many of you already know, yesterday a white transit officer was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for shooting an unarmed black man in Oakland last year.

The masses were not happy with this verdict.  Mostly because it makes no sense.  There's this video that shows the shooting.  Watching it is giving me a headache so I'm just going to post it here.


A better, non-embedable video is here.  Now I'm not sure what happened here, but nothing about this situation appears involuntary.  I guess I need to brush up on my criminal law.  And so do the good people of Oakland.  Because these good people have been acting not so good.




I especially like the grammar in this one.

Reminds me of the good ol' days in L.A.:

And Cleveland:

And at the G20:

For what it's worth, my Criminal Law exam 1L year was a closed assignment about a new area of law and it was Riot. I really hope they don't test that on this exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment