Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Be Like Chris

Yesterday was Columbus Day. I decided to call it Genocide Day after hearing some liberal rant about what terrible people Europeans were. Columbus's landing was amazingly bad: within 150 years of his arrival, EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the Americas who was alive at the time of his landing was dead. Interestingly, the exact same thing can be said of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and Great Britain's repeal of the Corn Laws in 1846. Makes you think. It doesn't make me think. I've been trying to avoid that sort of thing, along with getting up at a reasonable hour, not being an alcoholic, and daily showers.

Columbus wasn't really that bad. It wasn't his fault the Indians had shitty immune systems. Or lacked steel, gunpowder, and horses. I don't care what that liberal says. It also wasn't his fault he used those advantages to kill, rape, and enslave those he encountered. OK, maybe it was, but the Pope seemed to think it was OK. And pretty much everyone else in Europe. Thank the gods none of our values will look immoral or foolish to those who come after us. Anyway, he was kind of a jerk.

It is time someone followed in Christopher's steps. Most of us are still looking for work, and hoping we passed the bar. Basically, we are doing nothing. I think it is time for someone to step up and discover new lands. Well, not so much "discover" as "be the first from your area of the world". And not so much "new" as "previously unknown to your area of the world". Oh, and not REALLY the first from your area...

But those are all mere quibbles. Someone needs to introduce a new Age of Exploration. Because, frankly, I am pretty bored. And I think raping and pillaging embracing technologically inferior sub-humans unique, precious, fellow-children of Mother Earth sounds like fun. So someone get on that. I would, but I own a TV. Besides, I'm a blogger; bloggers don't actually take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment