Thursday, May 27, 2010

Go for a Valk

This idea was proposed on the Keith and the Girl podcast, Episode 1173 by New York comedian Chris Iacono in an unrelated context.  At some point I will blog about podcasts, until then, check this one out.

You might have read the title and thought, "What?"  Sure this lecturer is boring, but I picked a bad seat and I'm stuck in the middle of the room.  I can't jump on the guy's head in front of me and I can't walk down the table or aisle to my right or left without doing some serious damage (trespass to chattels?) to this LLM's book and laptop.  But no - you can.  This won't burn the calories of a walk, but it will expose you to new nouns (people, places, and things).

Go to google maps Pick a city you always wanted to visit?  What?  You want to go to Billings, MT?  That's fine.  Start at Rocky Mountain College.  And go for a virtual walk (a v-walk, nae, a valk).  Scroll into street view, and click along the street.  Look out for fun sightings.  Walk down Poly Drive and visit downtown Billings.  One of those links should take you to the street view in Billings.  (Which one?  Ooh - another distraction for the lecture).

Or, go abroad.  Visit BarcelonaValk down the streets next to the mopeds. Don't get hit by a bike.  Learn some "international law" while you're there.

Discover the world from your seat in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment