Sunday, September 12, 2010

Enjoy Your Sunday

Hello BarBri alums and other friends.  I'm going to try to start writing again, I hope my co-patriots do too.

It's hard to believe it's been so long since the bar exam.  It's harder to believe that as long as it's been since the bar exam, it's longer until we find out that we have to retake BarBri.  It's amazing how soon we forget the awesome times we had in law school and studying for the bar.  But today I did something I hardly had the opportunity to do during school - enjoy a Sunday.  Particularly a Sunday during football season

Through and through, I'm a baseball guy.  I love the Yankees, and I live in Boston.  My team wins more.  But my town can't always win moreSee, e.g., my football team.  Nonetheless, the Giants did win today.  And, more importantly, my fantasy team won today.  What's that you say?  My Jets defense doesn't play until tomorrow and I'm still up over the other guy by thirty-five points?  Yeah, picking first makes fantasy sports a bajillion times more fun

But you know what makes Sundays more fun?  NFL RedZone network.  Holy bajeezus.  I'm sure I'm the ten-millionth person to write about how awesome this is, but this channel is a dream come true for the casual out-of-market and fantasy-football-playing fan.  I got to see the big plays for the Giants, I didn't have to watch Tom "I like to hit people with my car" Brady with his funny hair or Bill "Unabomber" Belichick pacing the sidelines:
And the absolute best part was that I could tell my lady, with all honesty and seriousness, that she could watch whatever she wanted as soon as the commercials came on. 

So whether you are one of the few going back to work tomorrow, or one of the many going back to looking for work tomorrow, or one of the medium decent number deferred waiting to find out if you ever get to go back to work, enjoy not spending Sunday in the library for the first time since you almost failed that writing assignment 1L year because you didn't work during the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment